Dear Dr. Z,
My implants are just over 500cc. Do I have to have a breast lift when I do this? They are under the muscle.
There are several factors that will contribute to the choice for a lift (or not) after breast implant removal:
• The size of the implants relative to the amount of natural breast tissue;
• Your breast skin elasticity (tone);
• The amount of drooping you currently have;
• The shape of your breast after removal of the implants;
• Your willingness to accept the scars of a breast lift procedure
It is oftentimes possible to find the answer during consultation, but you also have the option of first removing the implants to see if you are happy with the results, before commiting to breast lift.
plastic surgery,breast augmentation,breast implant removal,breast lift,mastoplexy